About the role:
The Online Marketing Department is responsible for attracting new members from around the world via desktop and mobile campaigns on the main paid online marketing channels (e.g. Facebook, SEA, Display) as well as through organic traffic (e.g. SEO). The Online Marketing Intern will rotate through the team’s different focus areas and contribute to growing all channels. If vacancies are available at the end of the internship, this could be a stepping stone to becoming a permanent team member for the right candidate.
As an Online Marketing Intern at XXX you will:
• learn about and gain hands-on experience with the major online marketing channels
• create and implement advertising copy for specific target groups and channels
• analyze and monitor the performance of ads and campaigns and optimize them to meet KPI targets
• monitor SEO ranking and write engaging content
• earn the Facebook Blueprint, Google Analytics, and Google AdWords certifications
You meet the following requirements:
• you are studying business administration, marketing, or a related field at university, preferably in the last year of a master’s degree and the internship is a compulsory part of your studies
• you are available for at least six months and are open to extending the internship for a further 3–6 months
• you are not afraid of handling large amounts of data and have a good knowledge of Excel as well as other MS-Office and internet applications
• you are proactive, self-motivated, and happy to work independently
• you have excellent communication skills and are fluent in English
• you are interested in social media and digital advertising — a previous online marketing internship is a plus
• a fast-growing, dynamic company with an international team
• a friendly work atmosphere and the space you need to pursue your own ideas
• regular workshops and lectures about work-related topics and soft skills
• independent projects and training sessions for interns
• a "cosmopolitan city with a heart" and the nicest beer gardens in Germany
• weekly team breakfasts, fresh fruit & regular team events
Please note: We can only accept applications from those who must complete an internship as part of their degree.
At InterNations, we’re dedicated to making expat life a great experience! With about 2.6 million members in 390 cities around the world, regular local events, interest-based groups and useful information, InterNations is the biggest global network for people who live and work abroad. What started as an idea almost ten years ago is now changing the lives of expats and global minds around the world each and every day. With a team representing more than 30 countries, we believe in the benefits of international experience, cultural exchange, and the power of bringing people together. Together, we’re constantly growing and learning, coming up with new ways for our members to feel more at home, meet other international people, and enjoy their stay abroad.