About the role:
Are you a student looking to get work experience in the field of online writing and publishing? We are currently offering an internship in our Editorial Office at our partner company, which will provide you with the opportunity to gain insights into the daily work of a content editor. You will play an important part in maintaining the high quality of the online content, use their content management system and receive an introduction to the basics of SEO.
So if you enjoy online research and writing, have very good written English skills and would like to work in an
international team, we would love to hear from you!
As an Editorial Office Intern at our partner company, you will:
- proofread, fact-check and edit various online country & city guides
- make sure our articles adhere to the latest SEO standards
- publish articles using drupal (CMS)
- write marketing copy and informational texts for a variety of websites
- possible projects include keyword research and analysis using state-of-the-art SEO tools, picture research, writing or co-writing a complete country or city guide, etc.
You meet the following requirements:
- university student
- the internship is a compulsory part of your course of studies
- availability for 6-12 months starting in January 2018
- native-speaker level written and spoken English
- fine attention to detail
- good research skills
- interest (and ideally experience) in writing content for online audiences
- a fast-growing, dynamic company with an international team
- a friendly work atmosphere and the space you need to pursue your own ideas
- regular workshops and lectures about work-related topics and soft skills
- independent projects and training sessions for interns
- a "cosmopolitan city with a heart" and the nicest beer gardens in Germany
- weekly team breakfasts, fresh fruit & regular team events
Please note: We can only accept applications from those who must complete an internship as part of their degree.
With about 2.8 million members in 390 cities around the world, regular local events, interest-based groups and useful information, our partner company is the biggest global network for people who live and work abroad. What started as an idea almost ten years ago is now changing the lives of expats and global minds around the world each and every day. With a team representing more than 30 countries, they believe in the benefits of international experience, cultural exchange, and the power of bringing people together. Together, they’re constantly growing and learning, coming up with new ways for our members to feel more at home, meet other international people, and enjoy their stay abroad.