About the role:
Ever wonder what it takes to keep a social network up and running? As part of the Member Relations Team, you’ll be the interface between the people who use the service of our partner company, and the developers that create it. The Member Relations Team helps the rest of the company to understand thr members’ perspective, and are advocates for member experience.
The team is the gateway to the network, reviewing all incoming applications against the membership criteria. You will also respond to questions about how to get the best from the partner company — it could be as simple as a forgotten password, or something tricky like a bug on the site. With on-the-job training and email templates, you’ll be able to answer all questions that come your way!
As a Member Relations Intern at our partner company, you will:
- review membership applications
- support members experiencing technical difficulties
- answer questions about how to use the website
- collect member feedback to share internally
- act as administrators for our online forums
- draft measures to improve customer loyalty and engagement to drive growth
You meet the following requirements:
- university student of any field of study
- the internship is a compulsory part of your course of studies
- availability for 6-12 months starting in November 2017
- ability to work independently; reliable and motivated
- very good to fluent written and spoken English
- experience abroad and cross-cultural proficiency desired
- practical experience with MS-Office and Internet applications
- interest and fascination for Web 2.0 applications and social communities
- a fast-growing, dynamic company with interns from all over the world
- a friendly work atmosphere and the space you need to pursue your own ideas
- regular workshops and lectures about work-related topics and soft skills
- independent projects and training sessions for interns
- a "cosmopolitan city with a heart" and the nicest beer gardens in Germany
- weekly team breakfasts, fresh fruit & regular team events
Please note: They can only accept applications from those who must complete an internship as part of their degree.
With about 2.8 million members in 390 cities around the world, regular local events, interest-based groups and useful information, our partner company is the biggest global network for people who live and work abroad. What started as an idea almost ten years ago is now changing the lives of expats and global minds around the world each and every day. With a team representing more than 30 countries, they believe in the benefits of international experience, cultural exchange, and the power of bringing people together. Together, they’re constantly growing and learning, coming up with new ways for our members to feel more at home, meet other international people, and enjoy their stay abroad.