- Assisting primarily in the day to day work of the Customer Care department (handling travel arrangements for groups to Scotland).
- You will mostly be assigned to assist account handler(s) who manage the Mediterranean market (in particular Italian and Spanish-speaking markets). The account handler(s) and the Customer Care Manager will direct you with the tasks with which you are to assist. You may also assist other permanent staff if necessary (for example: Operations Department, which makes high volume of service bookings and works closely together with Customer Care department).
- Communicate by telephone, email, fax with customers (Italian/Spanish/English as applicable): Example: ask customers for information so you can prepare and progress the files, check over any details they send us, respond to customer questions, communicate any changes on the files, update booking details and travel itineraries, translate information from/to customer’s own language (sample programme text, travel instructions, customer feedback/quality control questionnaires).
- Communicate by telephone, email, fax with suppliers (mostly in English):
Example: researching alternative services, conveying important client information (passenger lists, advance menu choices, change times or dates of services, liaise with tour-guides and transport providers. Sometimes the changes are received late or while the clients are travelling so plans often must be changed quickly and efficiently.
- Good focus and attention to details are very important.
- You are required to recognise and keep confidential any sensitive information, which you handle during your work, including internal business affairs and details about their customers.
OTHER DUTIES (which you will receive direction on):
- Navigate booking system which you will use on a daily basis.
- Read customer files and summarise what needs action.
- Create timed itineraries using different tools available (internet, local maps, route planners, database of suppliers).
- On occasion, you may have to negotiate a service arrangement and price with suppliers.
Our partner is a Tour Operator located in Edinburgh, Scotland
6 months internship mandatory